Hours after TV reality star, Kim Kardashian, 35 was robbed of her possessions in a hotel in Paris, France, on Monday, October 3, 2016, new details have emerged.
1. The incident happened between 2am and 4am in the early hours of Monday morning. Kim Kardashian was in Paris for the Paris Fashion Week.
2. Report revealed Kim was asleep when five robbers dressed in police uniform gained entrance into her two-storey apartment behind La Madeleine Church, Paris. They tied up the caretaker of the hotel at gunpoint and forced their way into her apartment.
3. The robbers reportedly stole jewelry box worth $6.7 million, a 20-carat emerald-cut Lorraine Schwartz ring worth $4.5 million and her two prized smartphones. She was about calling her bodyguard when they snatched her mobile phone.
4. Her friend, Simone Harouche who was downstairs ran to the bathroom and called Kim’s personal bodyguard Pascal Duvier, who was out with sisters, Kourtney and Kendall at that time.
5. Scared of being raped, Kim reportedly begged for her life, telling the men she had two children. She was tied with zip ties and locked in a bathroom.
7. She eventually managed to untie herself and ran to the balcony to attract attention. It’s believed that the robbers escaped on rented bicycles.
8. Later that morning, Kim was seen boarding a private jet back to the US to meet with her husband, Kanye who stopped performing mid-way into a concert when he was informed about the incident.
9. On her arrival back in Manhattan, US home, Kim was with husband, Kanye West who picked her up at the airport. She was also joined by her mother, Kris while under heavy security presence.
10. While some claim it’s an inside job and others suggesting a security breach, investigation is on to ascertain who the robbers were.