More details have emerged in the murder of lovers in Ojodu-Berger area suspected to be perpetrated by the dreaded Badoo cult terrorising Lagos and Ogun state. The young lovers set to marry in December were murdered in the early hours of Friday, July 21, 2017.
Neighbours of the young lady revealed more details about the dastardly crime to encomium.ng:
1.The corpse of the lovers were only discovered around 7 am.
2. The lady (Ife) and the boyfriend (Bode) had been dating for a while, and were planning to get married.
3. While Ife was a sales girl in Oremeta Street in the Lagos part of Ojodu-Berger, Bode was a tailor.
4. Ife, said to be about 28 years, had lived in 27, Abiodun Hassan Street, in Ifo local government area of Ogun state, which is near the Police station, for about 9 years.
5. Bode was a regular visitor at the house, and sometimes passed the night there.
6. The murderers broke in through a window on the ground floor room. There was only a net covering the window. No burglar proof or glass.
7. Ife and Bode were naked when their corpses were discovered.
8. While there was no apparent injury on Ife’s corpse (she was suspected to have been strangled), Bode had an injury on his head (similar to a stab wound). It was his blood that trickled to the door.
9. A stone was found in the room, similar to the weapon frequently used by Badoo. But it’s unclear if it was used in the murder.
10. The SIM of the phones of the lovers were stolen by the assailants. Only phones without SIM were left.
11. The room of a police officer is next to the victims. And none of their neighbours had a suspicious sound.
12. Police from the Ojodu-Abiodun station were alerted. And they ferried the corpses away.
– Agbolade Owolabi for Encomium.ng