Three suspects have so far been smoked out of the drainage suspected to be used by kidnappers at Ile Zik along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway today (Thursday, August 10).The den was discovered earlier this afternoon with a restive and agitated mob threatening to lynch suspects and burn a warehouse.
And here are the updates as the story – two days after the Obadeyi underground den was unveiled in the same axis -unfolds:
1. Police are on ground to forestall break down of law and order as a huge crowd keeps vigil, threatening to kill and burn.
2. Three suspects have been smoked out of the underground canal with tears gas.
3. A warehouse suspected to be a hideout of the kidnappers is being guarded by the police to prevent arson.
4. One of the suspects reportedly had an iPhone.
5. One of the suspects was said to have confessed that the gang has many members.