More details about the true identities of the alleged lovers whose lifeless bodies were found inside a Toyota Corolla car behind the Police Area Command (Area G) in Ogba (Lagos) on Sunday, October 29, 2017, have emerged. encomium.ng visited the family house of late Lukman Olowu and the residence of his alleged lover, Promise Nse Clement on Shonola Street, Ogba-Aguda, Lagos, with a view to getting more facts about the deceased whose sudden death has since been generating series of controversies and speculations within the community and even beyond.
And from what we gathered, the following could be said to be true about the couple and the circumstance of their death:
1.That Lukman and Promise never lived in the same compound
2. Lukman only grew up in his father’s house on 56, Shonola Street, Ogba-Aguda, Lagos. And he lived at Fagba with his wife and two kids till he died
3. Promise never lived in Lukman father’s house as being bandied and earlier reported by some social media platforms and others.
4. And that Promise and her husband, Mr Clement lived at 48, Shonola Street, same street but the house doesn’t belong to the Olowu-Lukman’s family.
5. Mr Clement also grew up on the same street with Lukman and both of them have known each other for long.
6. Clement’s mother also lives at 55a, Shonola Street.
7. Mr Clement once lived at 55b on the same street as a bachelor before he got married to Promise and both settled down at 48, same street.
8. No report that they’ve divorced but their marriage was experiencing some turbulence on allegations of infidelity on the part of late Promise.
9. Lukman, Promise and four other friends went to a birthday party on Saturday. And that was where the deceased were returning from, but couldn’t get back to their respective homes before death stole them away in a controversial circumstance.
!0. They might have been murdered, Lukman’s family and friends alleged
11. Lukman wasn’t a lover of alcohol but very friendly with people, including his friends who drink
12. The husband never for once suspected Lukman of having any unholy dalliance with his wife, but he was said to have warned his wife of any suspicious move with few men in the neighbourhood
13. Lukman was from Ijebu Ishiwo, Ogun state, while Promise was from Cross River state while her husband is from Edo state.
14. Lukman died at 39, while Promise was also in her 30’s
15. Lukman’s parents are late, he left behind a stepmother, Alhaja Olowu
16. He attended Oke Ira Primary and Secondary schools.
17. He was also said to have just finished from Lagos State University(LASU) where he studied Economics.
18. Lukman wasn’t a Federal Road Safety Commission official as being peddled but worked as a licensing agent with the commission.
19. He is survived by wife, siblings and two little girls. The first child just clocked three while the second one is just seven months old.
- TADE ASIFAT for encomium.ng