The wealthiest are having a ball, multiplying their net worth as they emerge stronger on the annual rich list of prestigious Forbes magazine for 2018.
For the first time, the world’s wealthiest person (Amazon’s Jeff Bezos) has over $100 billion.
And there are 2,208 billionaires from 72 countries parading $9.1 trillion with Saudi Arabia dropping off the list (the wealth of its ten billionaires have been taken away by the state).
The United States of America leads with 585 billionaires, followed by mainland China’s 373.
Here’s the list of Forbes 25 wealthiest:
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO – $112 billion
- Bill Gates, Microsoft founder – $90 billion
- Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway CEO – $84 billion
- Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH – $72 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO, $71 billion
- Amancio Ortega, Inditex co-founder, $70 billion
- Carlos Slim Helu, America Movil, $67.1 billion
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries, $60 billion
- David Koch, Koch Industries, $60 billion
- Larry Ellison, Oracle, $58.5 billion
- Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg, $50 billion
- Larry Page, Google co-founder, $48.8 billion
- Sergey Brin, Google co-founder, $47.5 billion
- Jim Walton, son of Walmart founder Sam Walton, $46.4 billion
- S. Robson Walton, former Walmart chairman, $46.2 billion
- Alice Walton, Walmart heir and art collector, $46 billion
- Ma Huateng, CEO of Tencent Holdings, $45.3 billion
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers, L’Oreal heiress, $42.2 billion
- Mukesh Ambani, CEO of Reliance Industries, $40.1 billion
- Jack Ma, CEO of Alibaba, $39 billion
- Sheldon Adelson, CEO of Las Vegas Sands, $38.5 billion
- Steve Ballmer, Microsoft co-founder, $38.4 billion
- Li Ka-shing, head of CK Asset Holdings, $34.9 billion
- Hui Ka Yan, CEO of China Evergrande Group of Shenzhen, $30.3 billion
- Lee Shau Kee, co-founder of Sun Hung Kai, $30.3 billion