Adored Deji Tinubu – special adviser on commerce, industry and cooperatives to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos – who died around 7:30 pm on Thursday, January 25, 2018, on Jubilee Chalets football pitch in Epe (Lagos) left behind an aged mother, wife and children and siblings.
Here are some remarkable highlights from his life as compiled by encomium.ng:
1. He’s the son of Alhaji Kafaru Oluwole Tinubu, the late former Commissioner of Police in Lagos who was Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s guardian.
The patriarch also owned the law firm former Lagos governor Babatunde Raji Fashola worked.
2. Deji and his family lived with his aged mother (Alhaja Bintu Fatima Tinubu), the Iyalode of Lagos.
3. He’s the elder brother of Oando Plc’s Wale Tinubu.
While Deji was born on July 13, 1964, Wale’s birthday was on June 29, 1967.
4. Deji’s wife once served as special adviser to Mrs Kemi Nelson when she was commissioner for women affairs and poverty alleviation in Lagos.
5. Deji and Yemisi have a grown-up child who’s in the university.
– Tolani Abatti