The conspiracy theory being promoted by Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti that Apostle Johnson Suleman of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide is being persecuted with sex scandals for being outspoken against killing of Christians cannot fly on many accounts.
Though the timing of the scandals is suspect, there are too many details on ground to dismiss the persecution tale.
Here are some of the allegations that directly linked Apostle Suleman to his accuser, Stephanie Otobo, a singer based in Canada, and Nollywood actress Daniella Okeke…
1. Though Apostle Johnson Suleman claimed he never met Stephanie Otobo, he admitted sending her money.
2. Otobo claimed they met in Canada, America and Italy, and she’s ready to submit her passport to check these details. So the question is, was the pastor in these countries at the time she claimed.
3. She also claimed that she received millions of Naira, dollars and euros from him. And she’s ready for the verification with her bank statement. Why would a pastor send such huge amounts to someone he described as a stripper he never met?
4. Daniella Okeke’s Mercedes Benz GL 450 ( MUS 123 EJ) was linked to the pastor. And the question about the relationship of the actress and the pastor is still hanging.
5. The Mende, Maryland (Lagos) house of the actress was also linked to the pastor, and we are still waiting for clarifications.
These coincidences are too many to be ruled as persecution.