On Saturday, May 21, 2016, Lady Maiden Alex-Ibru, the publisher of Guardian Newspapers, and the widow of Alexander Uruemu Ibru hosted high society as her third daughter (Osei Yvonne Tosan Ibru) got married to her beau in a colourful ceremony.
Her marriage to Jude Anthony Edema Awam was held at the Landmark Centre, Water Carrington Road, Victoria Island Annex, Lagos and the dress code for women was fuchsia pink wrapper and for the men it was gold cap on cream.
- Yvonne is the third daughter of Lady Maiden Ibru to be wedded in six years.
- None of her sons is married yet.
- Yvonne didn’t follow the trend set by her sisters in marrying foreigners . She chose Jude, a Nigerian financial expert based in London. Anita, who was the first to get married on Saturday, April 21, 2012, wedded a Ghanaian, Marcel Kouassigan , while Omotuvie Alexia Ibru, her second daughter to be married did her own on Saturday, March 1, 2014, to Maxwell Herbert Leile of Richmond, United Kingdom.
- Elvina Ibru, showcased her new amazing slim figure leaving guests to wonder where all the fat had gone.
- The white wedding will hold London on a yet to be announced date.