Senator Dino Melaye has become the object of jokes following his Geography degree saga from Ahmadu Bello University (Zaria, Kaduna state). Many shocking revelations were unearthed as the mess played out in public space with the lawmaker representing the good people of Kogi West being laughed at.
Here are 6 reasons the 43 year old graduate with “seven degrees” should be very worried:
1. Very poor grades in his West African Examination Council result.
Registered as Melaiye Daniel Jonah O. for the Senior School Certificate exams in 1992, he scored P8 in English Language, P8 in Mathematics, P8 in Geography, P8 in Chemistry, C5 in Christian Religious Knowledge, P7 in Economics, C6 in Biology and B3 in Agric Science.
With only three credits, he gained admission into ABU to study Geography… a subject he got P8.
2. He spent 8 years in the university for a 4 year course.
He only managed to graduate in year 2000.
3. With all his years at ABU, he made only a Third Class!
4. His claim that he graduated from Harvard University and London School of Economics has been debunked by the schools.
He only attended a one week seminar in Harvard, and there are no records that he attended LSE.
5. His video rant with the Yoruba song, “Aje ku iya ni oje” has attracted ridicule and labelled immature.
The 39 second video screams unseriousness.
6. Donning the academic regalia of senior university dons to the National Assembly is at best ridiculous.
What’s more, the gown and cap are well beyond his qualifications.
And, how did he get them?