Patriotic Nigerians are quick to dismiss the reasons offered by promoters of Big Brother Nigeria for relocating the shoot to South Africa. The ‘no stable supply of electricity, dearth of experienced hands who are disciplined and difficulty in getting a suitable location’ are easily countered.
Here are some of the reasons they advanced for the show to be brought back to Nigeria…
1. The cast, the contestants, are Nigerians.
2. The target market is Nigeria.
3. Nigeria is the promoters most profitable market, in spite of all the challenges.
4. The show was successfully recorded here before.
5. You cannot develop an industry by outsourcing.
6. You are undermining and disrespecting your host by saying its people are not good enough for a production that they have previously handled.