The long, special press statement of former President Olusegun Obasanjo advising President Muhammadu Buhari to forget seeking re-election in 2019 is trending.
And many are applauding the letter released earlier today (Tuesday, January 23, 2018).
Here are some compelling reasons people of goodwill and conscience should read the lengthy statement:
1. It’s a decent, non-combative missive that lays the challenges in Nigeria bare.
2. It captures the frustrations of genuine patriots who are neither ‘wailers or hailers’.
3. It lists what’s mainly wrong with this government and the way forward.
4. It admits the two major parties have failed Nigeria and Nigerians.
5. It calls on all patriots to rise and form a coalition to save our fatherland.
6. It gives us hope that all is not lost.
7. It paints a picture that leadership has always been an issue – and invites conscientious compatriots to be more engaging about our collective future.