More updates have emerged on the funeral plans of star actress Moji Olaiya – who died in Canada in the early hours of Thursday, May 18, of cardiac arrest following childbirth complications.
The death certificate has been issued after four days of autopsy, and the body is in a funeral home as preparations to freight to Nigeria are being finalised.
Here are seven updates compiled by encomium.ng:
1. The autopsy of the 42 year old mother of two daughters took all of four days. Though the cause of death is undisclosed, the family is in possession of the papers from pathologists in Canada.
2. The death certificate of the Ekiti born filmmaker was released on Wednesday, May 24, to her sibling, Femi Olaiya – who arrived Canada on Saturday (May 20) night from his London base.
3. Femi Olaiya and Yinka Farinde, a juju artiste based in Canada who’s also a member of the burial committee, are in charge of the preparations to ferry the corpse home.
4. The corpse of the talented artiste, described as humble and respectful, is at a funeral home awaiting onward transfer to the airport.
5. Two people have volunteered to accompany the body of the daughter of Sir Victor Olaiya( the legendary highlife king who is now 88) to Nigeria.
6. With Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s donation of $30,000 released on Monday, May 22, the only thing left is the arrival date of the remains, which would be communicated to Nigerians by the burial committee led by star actress Fathia Balogun.
7. Her two month old daughter (born in March) is in good health. And will be brought to Nigeria by the team.