Yesterday (Wednesday, May 25), a Police Sergeant, Yusuf Bello, was arrested along with his accomplice Idowu Badmus for allegedly snatching and selling motorcycles from innocent people in lyana Iba area of Lagos. One of the victims identified as Aramide had reported the case to the Police after his motorcycle was snatched by his assailants at Iyana school area of Lagos State University, Iyana Iba road.
Following the complaint, officers swung into action with their investigation leading to the arrest of the police sergeant.
The Police were able to recover three motorcycles from the thieving partners, but they were not the only culprits nabbed in the operation as their buyer and a motor mechanic have also been detained.
The Lagos State Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Damasus Ozoani, confirmed the arrest saying, “The complaint was made against Badmus and three motorcycles were recovered from him. The suspect named a policeman as his accomplice. Investigation is ongoing.”
Here are 8 things you need to know about the incident:
- The alleged suspect is a Police Sergeant of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and has brought shame to the police by stealing from those he’s supposed to protect.
- His partner in crime, Idowu Badmus, was instrumental in his arrest as he implicated him after he was caught.
- The incident took place in broad day light where everybody saw the victim screaming ‘thief, thief’ at Iyana School area of Lagos State University, Iyana Iba road.
- One of the victims identified as Aramide, reported the matter to the police for sanction
- The Police criminal and his partner in crime are not the only ones going down for the crime but a Motor Mechanic and the buyer have also been detained.
- The Police have been able to recover three stolen motorcycles from the thieving partners
- The arrest has been confirmed by the Lagos State Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Damasus Ozoani
- Investigation is still ongoing
– Ngozi Uwalaka for encomium.ng