Nigerian-British Actor, John Boyega, 24 is currently in Nigeria to visit his family in Ogun state, Abeokuta and Ibadan Oyo state. The famous actor who became famous for playing ‘Finn’ in the 2015 blockbuster, ‘Star Wars’, shared photos from his visit on his Snapchat and Twitter handles.
Here are 8 amazing things to note about the promising young Hollywood star:
1) The famous and talented actor was born in Peckham, South London on March 17, 1992 to Nigerian Parents, Abigail and Samson Boyega.
2) His first acting role was a leopard in a play at his primary school at age 5.
3) He started his acting career at age 9, when the artistic director of Theatre Peckham saw him act in a primary school play.
4) The star attended Westminster City School as a teenager and later took part in various school productions and attended classes at the prestigious Theatre Peckham.
5) His mother, Abigail Boyega is a caregiver while his father, Samson Boyega, is a preacher. Boyega’s preacher father wanted him to be a preacher.
6) In March 2012, the star actor was cast in the film adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s book, Half of a Yellow Sun.
7) On April 29, 2014, it was confirmed that Boyega had been cast as a lead character in ‘Star wars: the force awakens’ where he played Finn.
8) The British-born has won several awards as well as been nominated in awards which includes ‘ the Saturn award for best actor for the movie ‘Star Wars: the force awakens’
– Ngozi Uwalaka for encomium.ng