The wedding of star musician Oritsefemi on Saturday, November 25, 2017, in Lagos, was the crown of a fast-paced romance which began only a year ago with all the trappings of drama.
Here are remarkable highlights from the musician and PR executive’s wedding and their love story as compiled by Encomium Weekly:
- Oritsefemi Majemite Ekele and Olufunke Nabila Fasanya staged their traditional and white wedding at The Ark, Okunde Blue Water Drive, Lekki (Lagos), with families and friends and well-wishers adding colour to the marvellous events.
The bride arrived in a grey Land Rover and the groom in a white Mercedes Benz G-Wagon.
- Decked at first in traditional garbs for the engagement, it was a white, purple and silver festival.
While Oritsefemi (of Itsekeri stock from Warri north) adorned a long white top, purple wrapper and gold-spiked shoes, his bride chose a white and silver skirt and blouse body-skimming drapes.
He later changed into a flowing white agbada with purple aso oke trims and white cap.
For the wedding proper, the musician wore a cream tuxedo with black shawl-collar, black waistcoat, trousers, black shoes and bow tie (so did his best man, Small Doctor).
The bride was in a gasp-inducing white gown which showed off her shoulder.
- The couple met during a multi-city music tour where they both became friends. While Oritsefemi was one of the performers, Nabila was in charge of artistes’ welfare through Multichoice, where she’s in PR.
They became friends and he always reminded her that she’d be his wife.
Eventually, she agreed.
- A civic ceremony followed the proposal on Thursday, April 20. And pictures of the registry ceremony escaped onto blogs.
- By October, the announcement of their wedding was all over the media with N25,000 and N40,000 aso ebi for interested guests listed.
And a pre-wedding photo-shoot flooded the internet with the couple in formal attires and leisure wear.
A huge billboard of the couple planted in Lekki also heralded the wedding. And days leading to the event, the bride pronounced that four cows were ready for the gig.
- The Saturday, November 25, event with Seyi Law as master of ceremonies also had Caroline Danjuma as one of the bride’s maids.
Among guests were Oba Saheed Ademola Elegushi, Chief Dayo Adeneye, Jay-one, MC Shakara, among legions.
- Tagged #ON2017, the event trended for many reasons. and one hilarious factor was on account of one of the guests, Roman Goddess whose plunging dress attracted too much attention. Seated with a friend in similar revealing attire in the purple aso ebi, Nigerians gawked at the pictures.
- After Small Doctor’s performance, Oritsefemi – born on January 5, 1985, into a polygamous home as his mother’s third child – serenaded his wife with some of his hit songs including ‘Igbeyawo’.
- Comparison of the wedding with Banky W’s South Africa nuptials with the suggestion that it was more glamorous was quickly dismissed by Oritsefemi who claimed he didn’t even know that his fellow musician plotted an event for the same day.