The Wedding Party stars, Adesua Etomi and Banky W, are re-enacting their magical love story in the movie in real life with a February engagement and nuptials set towards the end of 2017.
The love story of the friends who met in 2012, started dating last year and got engaged in February 2017 is akin to a fairy tale.
Here are quick facts about the lovebirds:
1. While Adesua was born on February 22, 1988, Banky W came into the world on March 27, 1981. That’s a seven year gap – Adesua is 29, and Banky 36.
2. Toluwalope Adesua Etomi was born in Owerri (Imo), and Olubankole Wellington arrived in United States of America. But his family moved back to Nigeria when he was 5.
3. Adesua attended Corona School, Victoria Island and moved on to the United Kingdom at 13.
Banky attended Home Association Secondary School, Lagos, and moved back to United States of America.
4. Adesua was at The City College, Coventry, for a diploma in Performing Arts, Musical & Physical Theatre before attending The University of Wolverhampton where she made a first class in Drama and Performance.
Banky was on scholarship at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute where he studied Engineering.
5. Adesua returned home and actively began acting in 2013, with Knocking on Heaven’s Door in 2014 as a major break.
Banky’s return to Nigeria on the prompting of comedian Julius Agwu was crowned with a successful debut album in 2003 (Undeniable).
6. Both have won major awards. Adesua was crowned in 2016 for her performance in Falling as Africa Magic Viewers Choice Best Actress in a Drama.
And Banky has many gongs under his belt.