With the wave of naming and shaming of sexual predators across the world, more people are paying more than a passing interest in sex addiction. And with stiff penalty and imprisonment, it’s important we all check whether we have traits of addiction.
Wikipedia defines sexual addiction as, ”
Sexual addiction, also known as sex addiction, is a state characterized by compulsive participation or engagement in sexual activity, particularly sexual intercourse, despite negative consequences.
Sexual addiction, also known as sex addiction, is a state characterized by compulsive participation or engagement in sexual activity, particularly sexual intercourse, despite negative consequence.”
ENCOMIUM Weekly highlights some of the danger signals that you may be addicted to sex:
- You don’t think being unfaithful is wrong
Cheating draws no ire or frown, and you see nothing wrong in bedding willing and reluctant partners.
- You regularly have casual sex
One-night stands and one-off romps are common in your life. And you barely know or remember those you sleep with.
- You don’t have scruples about the age and status of your sexual partners
Whether they are young enough to be your child or parent, beneath your status, it never bothers you.
- You take advantage of people
You pick vulnerable and disadvantaged people who look up to you, in dire straits or difficult circumstances and have your way.
- You think ceaselessly about sex
Your mind is constantly preoccupied with sex, and you think about romps a lot.
- You fantasize about sex, two-somes and orgies
You think about unusual sex acts, and you have participated in two-somes and orgies.
- You love pornography
You have a stash of magazines, videos or sites that promote pornography. And you check them regularly.
- You have multiple sex partners
You have a string of casual and regular partners you see for romps.
- You chase skirts anytime you are out of your base
Every opportunity out of base is an avenue to explore the sex scene and nightlife.
- You spend a lot of money and time on sex
Your money is where your mouth is as you spend a lot in satisfying your addiction and fantasy.
- You have friends who are players – and you compare notes
You have friends who love what you do, and you are regularly comparing notes and indulging.
- A pimp is on your payroll
You have a pimp who supplies the partners at a fee.
- You are familiar with short time joints and hotels
You know places and spots where you can express your addiction all over town.
- You don’t think it’s wrong to touch people inappropriately
Patting bums or slapping boobs, stealing kisses and touching crouches mean nothing to you. It’s part of the game.
- Friends are wary of introducing to their daughters, sons and nieces and nephews, aunties cand uncles
Close associates and friends don’t near their relatives. They know you don’t have boundaries.
- You have been in trouble because of your indulgences
Your partner or authorities have had cause to reprimand you.