This afternoon (Saturday, June 10, 2017), one of the most wanted criminals described as the ‘craftiest, richest, brilliant and most notorious kidnapper’ was arrested in Magodo area of Lagos.
Identified as Evans, the real names of the billionaire mastermind of abductions around FESTAC and Amuwo Odofin area of the Centre of Excellence are Chukwudimeme Onuamadike.
Supercop Abba Kyari announced the arrest of the dreaded kidnapper who was said to have made billions from the crime.
In a post this afternoon, he thanked God and the Inspector General of Police for the breakthrough.
Here are a few details about the arrest:
1. He was arrested in his mansion in Magodo (Kosofe area of Lagos) around 1 pm today by a combined team of Intelligence Response Team and Technical Intelligence Unit of the Police.
2. He has operated for at least 7 years, tormenting and intimidating law abiding citizens.
3. He will be paraded tomorrow (Sunday, June 11) on the orders of the Inspector General of Police.
4. The dreaded kingpin is from Nnewi in Anambra state.
5. His modus is to keep those abducted for months, sometimes 7 months, until their families pay the ransome.
6. He’s collected ransome as high as N400 million.
7. He scared billionaires around FESTAC and environs into relocating to the Island, abandoning their mansions in the area.
8. He was the mastermind of the abduction of Young Shall Grow Motor’s Chief Vincent Obinudo in August 2013.
9. His tentacles extend to Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta where his gang hold sway.