Meanwhile, pundits with specialty in high octane ceremonies easily put the cost of the spellbinding wedding around N200 million. From the pre-wedding shoot in Houston (Texas, in the United States of America) to the after-party and honeymoon, good money was splashed on the activities that elevated the glamorous event.
And taking into account all the elements that propelled the ceremony to 7-star , it was not a surprise that panache was well rooted.
Here are some of the ingredients that thrust the nuptials northwards…
* The wedding office and event planners were on top of their games, with over 2,000 guests pampered to bliss.
* The invitation card (in three sets) and coloured tags for each guest.
* Pre-wedding shoot was in Houston and Lagos.
* Simple but elegant Church programme
* Chinazo’s jaw dropping beige gown, another off-white number in readiness for the after party, and all her accessories.
The groom’s tuxedo ensemble.
Now, count the attires of the 33-strong wedding party.
* Please, let’s go to the wedding bands, the engagement ring. And don’t forget the inconspicuous necklace of Chinazo.
* More than two dozen vendors pranced every inch of the two halls to attend to every whim.
* Landmark Event Centre halls took all of N5.4 million.
* We counted Voix Celeste, Then 7-Orchestra, Veentage Band, 2Face, Olamide, DJ Skillz, pianist on the green carpet, and a few more, among entertainers.
And there were four masters of ceremonies.
* There was a white photographer among those sited recorded still and moving images.
* 5-star accommodation for wedding party, including special guests, at Eko Hotel, Intercontinental Hotel and Four Points by Sheraton.
* Make up artists.
* We saw at least three Rolls Royces, a Maybach, BMWs, a pimped van with roomy interior and a few more luxury automobiles in the convoy of the wedding party.
* One of the mementos was a Bible for guests.
We are not talking about the honeymoon and the gifts the couple received from their parents.