Veteran Nollywood star actress, Clarion Chukwurah got third time lucky on Thursday, April 21, 2016, when she exchanged marriage vows with her American lover, Anthony Boyd in a small outdoor ceremony.
The 51 year old thespian shared photos from the ceremony on her Facebook page and announced her marriage with the words, “Just married… Anthony and Clarion Boyd”.
encomium.ng shares some quick facts about the latest Nollywood bride.
- She was born Clara Nneka Oluwatoyin Folashade Chukwurah on July 24, 1964, and is the only daughter in a family of four. She is from Anambra State.
- She is a living legend in Nollywood as she has won several awards both locally and internationally. She was the first Nigerian to win the Best Actress category at the 1982 FESPACO film festival in Burkina-Faso.
- She pursued her secondary education in Queen of the Rosary College then studied Acting and Speech at the Department of Dramatic Arts of Obafemi Awolowo University, lle lfe.
- Though she is better known for her acting, she is also an accomplished humanitarian. She was recognized as a United Nations peace ambassador for her charity work across Africa.
- She had her first child at a tender age outside wedlock following a hot romance with Afro-Juju originator, Sir Shina Peters. The son she bore with the Juju maestro, Clarence Peters turned out to become a superstar in his own rights as a top music video director.
- Clarion Chukwurah holds the Traditional title of Ada Eji Eje Mba 1 of Onitsha, Anambra State
- She has had it tough with romantic relationships. Her first marriage to Mr. Abiola crashed in 2003. She got married again on Valentine’s day in 2004 to Femi Oduneye, a socialite, popularly known as Femi Egyptian but the union was at best, an on and off relationship until they divorced recently.
DanielFayemi for encomium.ng