-Nigerians aghast as new names of alleged looters crop up
The last has not been heard on the alleged $2.1 billion arms deal scam which has put former National Security Adviser (NSA) Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd); former DAAR Communications chairman, Dr. Raymond Dokpesi, Attahiru Bafarawa (ex- Sokoto governor) and Bashir Yuguda (former Bauchi governor) in the spotlight and in trouble as more names keep cropping up by the day.
Also fingered in the alleged loot are some prominent personalities including People Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Chief Bode George who has played down the allegation claiming he only received $30,000, as well as former Rivers governor, Peter Odili.
However, more shocking names of beneficiaries of the loot are still likely to be exposed as investigation into the matter continues.
The list best described as endless has started generating reactions from Nigerians, home and abroad as many were left utterly horrified by the whooping sum allegedly received by each of the beneficiaries.
One of the charge sheets against the accused persons made some eye-popping allegations such as that the sum of N2 bn was paid into the account of DAAR Investment and Holding Company Ltd; also that N1.45bn was supposedly transferred into the account of Acacia Holdings Ltd for “special prayers”. Another mind boggling allegation on the charge sheet claimed that N380 million was shared to solicit support for the re-election of House of Representatives members, among other such revelations.
Meanwhile, the quadruplet of Dasuki, Dokpesi, Yuguda and Bafarawa were reportedly arraigned in court on Monday, December 14, 2015.
However, ENCOMIUM Weekly later learnt that media entrepreneur, Dokpesi had been granted bail to the tune of N400m. And as at press time, it was sketchy whether he would be able to fulfill the bail conditions.
An impeccable source also told ENCOMIUM Weekly that a popular blogger may be investigated as the source of her wealth which led to the acquisition of a property is also allegedly traceable to the loot.
In the words of the source, “The way the whole thing is going now that the blogger may be investigated upon her acquisition of a property in Lagos. It is even on social media right now.”
Names of suspected looters and how much they allegedly received:
-Attahiru Bafarawa (ex-Sokoto governor)- N4.1bn
-Raymond Dokpesi (former chairman, Daar Holdings Ltd) – N 2.1bn
-Former Rivers governor, Peter Odili – N100m
-PDP chieftain Bode George – N100m
-Nduka Obaigbena N650m
-Former Senate President, Dr Iyorchia Ayu – N345m
-Chief Tony Anenih, PDP bigwig – N260m
-Acacia Holdings Ltd collected – 1.45bn for “special prayers”
-A popular blogger – N260m
Dasuki has, however, indicted former president Goodluck Jonathan in the $2.1bn arms deal mess, claiming he was aware of it all.
He reportedly confessed to having handed over the N10 bn given to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) nomination convention delegates to Jonathan’s special assistant on Domestic Affairs, Waripamowei Dudafa and the aide-de-camp.
“The money was given out by the two aides on the directives of Dr Jonathan. I have nothing to do with the cash aside from collecting it”, he was quoted to have said.
TADE ASIFAT and MICHAEL NWOKIKE