Notorious and crafty kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onuamadike, alias Evans, faces 21 years imprisonment as he pleaded guilty to the kidnap and collection of ransom at Lagos High Court in Ikeja today (Wednesday, August 30).
(1) Any person who unlawfully captures and detains another against his will is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for ten years.
(2) For the purpose of subsection(1) of this Section a person is detained against his will when he is detained in such a manner as to prevent him from applying to a court for his release or from revealing to any other person the place where he is imprisoned, or in such a manner as to prevent any person entitled to have access to him from discovering the place where he is imprisoned.
(3) Where a person charged with an offence under subsection (1) of this Section demands a ransom for the release of the person detained, the offender is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for twenty one years.
Any person who conspires with another to effect any of the following purposes;
(1) prevent or defeat the execution or enforcement of any Act or Law;
(2) cause any injury to the person or reputation of any person, or to depreciate the value of any property of any person;
(3) prevent or obstruct the free and lawful disposition of any property by it’s owner for its fair value; or
(4) injure any person in his trade or profession, is guilty of a misdemeanour, and liable to imprisonment for two years.