Certainly, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), the former governor of Lagos State will need to girdle his loins in order to wrestle with the pig in the mud and come out to clean himself or remain in the mud with the pig, because from the look of things, the pigs are not willing to give him respite yet.
The former governor and his media handlers are yet to response to the barrage of allegation posted on the website of Lagos State Procurement Agency.
Our calls to Mr. Akeem Bello, the former Special Adviser to the former governor on Media, who still acts as his media aide was not answered or returned. We called Mr. Bello three times between 17.46pm and 18.21pm on Monday, August 24, 2015.
We also sent him a text to respond to the barrage allegations of inflation of contracts. He also did not respond to our text. The list of alleged contract inflation includes:
- Drilling of two boreholes in Lagos House, Ikeja – N139 million, projects by Deux Projects Limited.
- Reconstruction of car park and other associated works at Lagos State House, Marina – N640 million by Julius Berger.
- Relocation of cable belonging to PHCN at LASUTH, Ikeja – N300 million, contract awarded to Deux Projects.
- Replacement of railings of pedestrian bridge on Carter Bridge from Iddo to Idumota with concrete railings – N175 million, Abicon Engineering Limited.
- Facility Management at LASUTH College of Medicine – N220 million. Contractor – Deux Projects Limited.
- Surface repair on Ajara-Erekiti-Iragan-Ikoga Road in Badagry local government – N619 million.
- Construction of a 48-bedroom hotel at Lagos State VIP chalets, Badagry – N1.6 billion.
- Remodeling and equipping of the official residence of the state’s chief judge at 4, Thompson Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos for N510 million.
- Construction of an 18-class room block at Ajara Senior Grammar School, Ajara, Badagry – N165 million.
Construction of an 18-classroom block at Community Senior/Junior Secondary School, Bayeku, Ikorodu – N165 million.
– TOLANI ABATTI