-All the interesting details of the drama
The Headies 2015 has come and gone but there were moments from the event that cannot be forgotten in a hurry. ENCOMIUM Weekly presents a graphic account of happenstances as things went sour between Olamide and Don Jazzy at the event.
Both labels had their star talents: Kesh (YBNL), Korede Bello and Reekado Banks (Mavin Records) nominated in one of the major awards of the night – The Next Rated Act Award. This award was won by Mavin Records artiste, Reekado Banks who acknowledged that Lil Kesh could have won while he was on stage receiving his award.
The shade unfolded when YBNL singer, Adekunle Gold and his record label mates went on stage to receive his award for Best Alternative Song. After Adekunle Gold gave his thanks, Olamide took to the microphone and said: ‘Adekunle Gold, let’s be honest, this award belongs to Lil Kesh because Lil Kesh is our Next Rated Artiste”. He said ‘every single was a hit back to back from Shoki to Efejoku’.
The rapper said some unprintable words before dropping the microphone and walked down the stage.
When Mavin Records boss, Don Jazzy was giving his speech after he received a Special Recognition Award, he said he had told Korede Bello and Reekado Banks who he referred to as his children not to look at the list of nominees when it came out and promised he would buy them cars”. He fired back at Olamide saying, “Olamide, if you want the car, come and collect it’, after which he and the Mavin crew left the event.
Olamide took to twitter on January 2, 2016, at 2:30 am to rain abuses on Don Jazzy.
- He said ‘I went through all ds ish when I was hustin like Kesh…But men, no one to fight for me…I had to do that for the poor boy’ Olamide Adedeji@(Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “Even me, I didn’t have the grace to have every single back to back in number one spot…Biko, leave trash for lawma…?” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “F–k u don jazzy…f—k ur whole generation I am not dbanj…God will punish u and ur fake ass..bstard omo ale forming humble” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “After u done turn dbanj with packaging na d same u de come de form humble on social media. I called to strike a deal with Dija” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “And F—king gave her manager to call me f–k negga…Don’t come to d mainland…Honestly…f—k u !!!!!!!!! I am f–king mainland” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “I did not mention father’s name on d stage don’t f—king mention my name fuck boy. Don’t try all ds shit with me” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “God punish elder wey de f–king call me out when I no call him name. bstard! Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “I mean bustard…lol u even tried to f—k wan ed up…A boy brought up…luv publicity stunt so much u should strike a deal with IG”. Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “Don’t f—king call names…I can’t do that to anybody what sort of rubbish is that?” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “He said if I want car I should come n take it seriously? Do I look like ur maids? Ppl wey de produce for u wey de put ur name? fu–k boy.” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “Respect is reciprocal…f—k u don jazzy…Imentioned my name…I’ll fucking mention ur name fucking for being childish oloshi” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “U respect me…I respect u disrespect me I disrespect u…u still going t do d same tin to reekado wme he leaves ur a lebel. Lol” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “He’s not a don he’s dumb RT @ That_IjebuBadoo: But Don Jazzy shouldn’t have called olamide out.” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “U crave attention so bad!! Cool with every on ur team but na u be Don fu–k everything up ruin every relationship. Balu!” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “All in the name of unity…When I get the act of the year award…I am giving it to Phyno for not being nominated at all…I respect him.” Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
- “Good night I no de beef anybody..But we be animal around here…Don’t ducking pull a publicity stunt on my team”.
- Olamide Adedeji (Olamide_YBNL) January 2, 2016
Response Of Artistes On Olamide Vs Don Jazzy
The drama continued, after all the scenes from The Headies Award few hours after which involved Olamide and Don Jazzy, a number of artistes have reacted to the face-off.
Lil Kesh, who is the centre of all the drama, applauded Olamide, defending him and indicating that it is not about the car.
At 4:56 am, January 2, 2016. Lil Kesh said “Lolo. I make more than that SUV in two weeks”.
At 5:02 am, he also said “@Olamide_YBNL His not my boss he is my brother. I love you till death bor. God bless the streets. E ma lo wa oh!”
Wande Coal, who had issues with Don Jazzy said “Just woke up 2 DIS BULLSHIT!!! LYK WTF??? He also said “REASONS WHY I CAN’T EVEN TAKE SOME THINS SERIOUS ANYMORE!!! FACTS ONLY.: WHO MADE MORE IMPACT?
Yung6ix said “Make una dey misbehave, God dey see una.”
ITSPRYSE Chocolate City signee and rapper also had something to say, she said “LAST ALST LIL KESH DESERVED THAT AWARD, DON JAZZY REEKADO KNOW IT.
Reactions from fans of Olamide Vs Don Jazzy
Replies of fans were hilarious. Dr. Feel said, “Don Jazzy looking at this TL and seeing all the people he gave 50k yabbing him”.
Rita C Onwurah said, “Wande say na ‘walking by’, he kuku ma needs the exercise”
Xzetti said: “Why did Olamide drop the mic like that. Where’s his ‘Yoruba training?”
Blaise#OpenDatax said: TL is on fire, Olamide Vs Don Jazzy, everyone taking sides, trailer jamming pple anyhow…me I’m just here like”.
Eluis Grey said: “All of that energy in defending a brother father, Lord, send me my Olamide this year”.
King Samuel said: Olamide never attacked Reekado or Don Jazzy. He was attacking The Headies. Don Jazzy shouldn’t have mentioned his name”.
@Misstasha millz said: D’bank right now after hearing it was donjazzy that ruined his life #hands on his hand”
How Dangote reconciled Don Jazzy and Olamide
After the embarrassment at the just concluded the Headies Awards in Lagos Mavin Records boss, Don Jazzy and YBNL CEO, Olamide, Africans richest man and the President of Aliko Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has reconciled the duo, it was revealed. The two music artistes had engaged in a war of words on live television during the award ceremony while the fight spilled over to twitter with the pouring out of vulgar language.
The two were reportedly seen shaking hands at Alike Dangote’s mansion where it was gathered that he settled their rift.