The Finals of the GTBank Masters Cup season 4 comes up on Friday, 26th June 2015 at the prestigious Onikan Stadium, Lagos.
The Competition, which is for First Generation Heritage Colleges and Private Secondary Schools with pedigree in Lagos State, has 28 Schools participating this season and over 160 goals scored in the course of the tournament in both male and female categories.
The last standing schools that made it to the finals of the competition are – St. Gregory’s College Ikoyi, St. Finbarr’s College Akoka, Queens College Yaba and Ansar UD Deen Girls High School Itire.
In the male category, it will be battles of the Catholic missionary schools as St. Gregory’s College take on St. Finbarr’s College. Both schools will be playing to lift the trophy for the first time since its inception. In the female category, it will be a repeat of last year’s finals between defending champions, Queens College and Ansar UD Deen Girls High School.
The Finals will surely be a fun filled day, packed with excitement, delightful display of skills and talents of future stars plus a dash of history.
Come, witness and support young talents as they bring to life unique and fresh dexterity enriched with history of grassroots football in Nigeria.
For more updates, visit www.gtbank.com/football .
|Finals – 26th June||Time|
|Female Team||Queens College, Yaba||Vs||Ansar Ud Deen Girls High School, Itire||1.00 pm|
|Male Team||St. Gregory’s College, Obalende||Vs||St. Finbarr’s College, Akoka||2.30 pm|
SPECIAL FACTS ABOUT ST GREGORY VS ST FINBARR’S
- Gregory’s College will be playing in the finals of Masters Cup back to back (2014&2015)
- Came 3rdin 2012 and 2nd
- Defeated St. Finbarr’s College 1-0 at the 1979 Principal Cup Final.
- Gregory’s College has the highest number of goals scored this season (16)
- This is the first time St. Finbarr’s will be playing at the GTBank Masters Cup Final
- St Finbarr’s won the most Principals Cups (11) in Onikan Stadium
- Finbarr’s is the most successful secondary school football team in Nigeria
- They defeated St. Gregory’s College in the Principals Cup Finals of 1962 and 1978
Players to Watch
- Master Obi David– St. Gregory’s College, Obalende
David is leads the attack for St. Gregory’s College. This strong and clinical striker currently has 8 goals to his credit.
- Master Alex Mario Rosario– St. Finbarr’s College, Akoka
This young lad’s pace and skills on the field of play is to be reckoned with. He usually steps up when called upon on the field of play and scores when it counts the most. Alex is the top goal scorer for St. Finbarr’s College with 3 goals.
- Miss Fatima Oyebanji– Ansar UD Deen Girls High School, Itire
Fatima is proving to be a prolific goal scorer has she has 12 goals from 4 matches which makes her the overall highest goal scorer so far in this competition.