The news of Nollywood rising star, Ani Iyoho, who got badly burnt while playing a fire incident role on set of a movie on Wednesday, July 27, 2016, is indeed a sad one. The 36-year-old actor had attempted a special effect scene in a movie directed by Stanlee Ohikhuare but landed in the emergency care unit of a hospital with severe burns when the fire extinguisher on set did not work. The incident happened in Lekki, Lagos
The director was said to have instructed that the horrible scene of the burning Ani should be filmed, with the intention to add it to the film, Behind the Wheels.
The director and the producers, Kelechi Udegbe and Ugochukwu Azikiwe, have not been seen after the ill-fated incident.
As Ani recovers gradually, here are 7 facts you should know about the promising actor:
- He is from Akwa Ibom State and was born September 2, 1980
- Ani has been registered with the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Lagos branch since 2004
- Some of the popular movie he has featured in includes, “Enslaved”, “Sins of the past”, “Between Two Worlds”, “Chase”, “J.U.D.E.”, “Close to you” and “Checkpoint”
- Ani Iyoho also appeared on soap opera like “Doctors Quarters” and “Tinsel”
- He has worked with other veteran actors and directors like, Emem Isong, Lancelot Imasuen, Jim Iyke, Moses ‘Sneeze’ Inwang, John Dumelo, Chukwuma Osakwe and Red Ejiro.
- Aside from acting, Ani Iyoho alongside his brother runs an entertainment company, LaMB Entertainment.
- Iyoho is also gifted in swimming, Karate, singing, mimicking local and international accents and making stunts.
-‘Seyifunmi Adebote for encomium.ng