The middle class is pivotal to the sustenance of the economy as it largely drives production and consumption.
Here are ways the middle class holds the economy together:
1. Because it is well educated with post-secondary school diplomas and degrees, it promotes a solid human capital development needed to drive production.
2. With impressive income, it creates an endless stream of demand for goods and services to grow the economy rapidly.
3. It provides a creative, passionate and committed body of entrepreneurs who create products craved by the populace.
4. Because of the high level of education, it demands better public services and institutions.
5. It inspires the lower class to seek better education, work harder and improve its lot so that it can be exposed to better quality of life.
6. The guaranteed consumption of the class ensures steady streams of investment in critical sectors.