‘I didn’t kill my Facebook lover, Adekemi’ – Suspect cries – MOVED TO PANTI

A couple of years after Cynthia Osokogu was reportedly murdered by her Facebook lovers in Festac Town, Lagos, a similar incident has been reported as one Adekemi Faboro, a teacher in an undisclosed private school in Ogba, Lagos, was allegedly killed by her Facebook lover, Ezekiel Christopher.

The shocking incident reportedly happened after Faboro’s first meeting with Ezekiel Christopher in January, 2015 when they discovered each other on the popular social network.

According to social media publication, late Faboro lived at 5, Folorunsho Street, off Ajayi Road, Ogba, Lagos, while her lover, Christopher lives in Ibadan, Oyo State.  However, the two lovebirds reportedly passed the night in Faboro’s Ogba, Lagos home but one thing led to the other, their romance turned a bitter pill for Faboro as she was said to have passed on in the hands of Christopher, allegedly after having carnal knowledge of each other.

And since the news of the situation broke, the suspected killer, lover had been arrested and detained by the police.

A reliable source disclosed to ENCOMIUM Weekly that Christopher was initially apprehended by the police attached to Pen Cinema, Agege Station.  But was later moved to Adekunle Police Station, Panti, Lagos, where he is presently cooling off pending the outcome of police investigations concerning the matter.

“Adekemi’s suspected killer and Facebook lover was arrested not quite long after the death of the lady.  I learnt Adekemi was a single lady, living alone in one room at 5, Folorunsho Street, off Ajayi Road, Ogba, Lagos and she used to work in a private school around Ogba, while her alleged killer lover, Ezekiel Christopher works with an electrical firm in Shagamu, Ogun State but lives in Ibadan, Oyo State.

“I learnt they were in Adekemi’s room that night, enjoying each other before the unfortunate occurrence.

“It’s very sad that people are yet to learn lessons from this internet dating of a thing.  The guy maybe a ritualist or might have manhandled her which incidentally led to her death. And only God knows, she too might be nursing fragile health which she didn’t disclose to the man. It’s sad!”

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015, ENCOMIUM Weekly visited the Ogba, Lagos residence of the deceased, in a bid to speak to her co-tenants, but our efforts were rebuffed as none of the residents we met was willing to speak to us.  However, they all confirmed the death, but declined comment on details. “Yes, but we can’t comment on that because it’s a very sad incident,” one of them said,

ENCOMIUM Weekly contacted the Lagos Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Kenneth Nwosu on Monday, March 23, 2015, on the issue, he confirmed the happening but declined comment on details.

“Yes, it happened but I can’t make any comment on it now because I don’t have adequate information. But the only thing I can tell you is that the suspect has been transferred to Adekunle Police Station, Panti, Yaba, Lagos.”

On Saturday, March 14, 2015, it was gathered that both Christopher and Adekemi allegedly made love which incidentally resulted in the death of the latter. But the news of the tragic incident was broken via social media on Sunday, March 15, 2015.  Since then, the suspected killer, Mr. Christopher has been in police net.

According to sources, the alleged killer lover boy claimed she died on their second meeting after complaining of headache and coughing sporadically.  He was quoted thus: “I met her online sometime between September and October 2014 on facebook and we began to chat. Early this year she came to Sagamu to visit me and she spent two days with me. She actually came on Friday and went back to Lagos on Saturday. I have an apartment where I work in Sagamu but my wife and children live in another apartment in Ibadan. I came to see her in Lagos around first week of March where I spent the weekend with her. This was the second time I visited her.

“On that fateful evening, we went out, spent quality time together and later retired to her apartment and slept. At about midnight, she began to complain about headache and then she started coughing. She coughed for a long while. It was when the coughing persisted that I had to go and knock on her next neighbours’ door to help me locate a nearby hospital, since I am not familiar with Lagos terrain. So with the help of her neighbours, we went to a nearby private hospital (names withheld). After examining her condition, she was referred to the general hospital. At this time, her condition was getting worse, yet I did all I could to get her to the hospital. With the assistance of her neighbours, we made it to Ifako General Hospital in Ogba. By the time they began to attend to her, she had passed on. I am not in any way responsible for her death.”

Related Stories:



About the Author