LAGOS PASTOR LANDS IN TROUBLE OVER PROPHECY ‘The woman is only being mischievous’

The General Overseer of Faith Alive Christian Centre, Lagos, Pastor Obi Ofoedu, may have bitten more than he could chew as one of his church members, Mrs. Favour Okafor, recently informed the police that the prophet threatened to strike her with stroke because she refused to accept his ‘calamity’ prophecy.

Pastor Ofoedu’s church is at 43, Dada Olowu Street, Abule Taylor, Abule Egba, Lagos.

Trouble started when the man of God prophesied during a church service that Mrs. Okafor would face trouble in her place of work, which can only be averted if the woman comes for special prayers.

This was reportedly challenged by the woman, who categorically stated that nothing bad would happen to her. Angered by her affront, Pastor Ofoedu allegedly told Mrs. Okafor that she would be hit with stroke.

After the alleged threat, the woman reported the matter at Area ‘M’ Police Command in Idimu and the man of God was subsequently apprehended.

However, he denied the allegation and pleaded not guilty to the charges brought before him in court. The presiding magistrate, Mr. Nwaka, granted him bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum. He was remanded in prison for few days but was released on Monday, January 13, 2014.

On Friday, January 17, 2014, ENCOMIUM Weekly visited the ministry at Abule Taylor and met his wife, Mrs. Ofoedu who confirmed the development but shed light on it.

“The whole issue began around December 20, 2013. The woman had a spiritual problem. She claimed she had gone to several churches but no solution. She was directed here and my hubby prayed for her and she was cured. She even gave testimony. However, during one of the church services the prophet warned her to be careful at her place of work as some people are ganging up to harm her. She later went to a church member accusing her of being the witch behind her travails. My husband was mad at her when he heard and warned her not to bring confusion to the ministry. It was a heated meeting and the next thing was that she went to the police to report that he threatened her.

“Consequently, he was invited to Idimu Police Station. We thought it was a joke until he was remanded in cell and consequently taken to court. He was released on Monday. And the case has been adjourned till February 8, 2014. The woman is only being mischievous”.

Related Stories:



About the Author