LeBron James led the Cleveland Cavaliers to a glorious National Basketball Association championship on Sunday, June 19, 2016 – and the world is cheering the all-time leading scorer of his team.
Here are important milestones in the life of the very married, father of three children star athlete serenaded for his dedication to the game:
1. He has won three NBA championships ( in 2012, 2013 and 2016).
2. He has won four NBA Most Valuable Player awards ( 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013).
3. He has won three NBA finals MVP awards ( 2012, 2013 and 2016).
4. He has two Olympic gold medals ( 2008 and 2012).
5. He has been selected to 12 NBA All-star teams, 12 All-NBA teams and 6 All-Defensive teams.
6. In 2004, he won the NBA Rookie of the Year award.
7. At his high school (St. Vincent- St. Mary High School, Akron, Ohio), he was celebrated as a future star of NBA.
8. In 2003, he was the first overall pick for NBA draft by Cleveland Cavaliers.
9. He led the Cavaliers to their first final appearance in 2007.
10. In 2010, he joined the Miami Heat where he played for four seasons, and reached the finals in the four years, winning the championship in 2012 and 2013.
11. The Miami Heat went on a 27 game winning streak in 2013, courtesy of James.
12. He rejoined the Cavaliers in 2014.
13. He was born on December 30, 1984, in Akron, Ohio to a 16 year old single mother ( Gloria Marie James).
14. James moved into the home of a local youth football coach (Frank Walker) as his mother struggled to find work. He was nine at the time he was introduced to basketball.
15. He played for Northwest Ohio Shooting Stars in the amateur level as a young lad. And in high school, along with his three friends, he won laurels.
16. He also played football, but stopped when he broke a wrist.
17. James is 6 feet 8 inches tall, weighs 113.4 kg.
18. The small forward and power forward’s career averages are 27.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 6.9 assists and 1.7 steals.
19. James is married to his high school sweetheart Savannah Brinson since September 14, 2013.
20. They have three children- LeBron James, Jnr ( October 6, 2004), Bryce Maximus James (June 14, 2007) and Zhuri James .