The Manchester suicide bomber – who killed 22 people and injured over a hundred others in the night of Monday, May 22, 2017, after Ariana Grande’s concert – has been identified as 22 year old Salman Abedi.
The massacre, through explosive devices packed with metals (screws, nuts and bolts) at the concert in Manchester Arena with 21,000 fun-seekers, at around 10:33 pm, has been described as a horrendous tragedy by leaders across the world.
Here are fresh details about the tragedy which united good citizens:
1. Salman Abedi was born in the UK by Libyan refugee parents. He was born on the eve of New Year in 1994.
He has three siblings – two brothers and a sister.
2. The crazed bomber was known to authorities.
3. A controlled explosion was carried out by the authorities at his Manchester home today (Tuesday, May 23).
4. The bearded bomber was said to have been behaving strangely lately. And the family speak Arabic in public. Recently, Salman was heard chanting about Allah and Prophet Mohammed loudly on the street.
5. Abedi’s brother, 23, was later arrested by the police. He’s believed to be part of the terror cell.
6. The improvised explosive devices are believed to have been assembled by experts. It was described as sophisticated after initial forensic examination.