Paul Pogba might be the most expensive player ever as Manchester United are set to smash the transfer record to sign the French midfielder from Juventus for a world record fee of $176 million (£103 million).
Paul will be Jose Mourinho’s fourth signing since he joined the English outfit on Tuesday, July 5, 2016. Other player signed include Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Eric Bailly and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
With discussions at an advance stage, the deal will make Paul be the most expensive footballer ever, shattering Real Madrid $146 million (£85 million) transfer fee for Gareth Bale from Tottenham hotspur in 2013.
Here are 11 things to know about Paul Pogba :
- He is 23 years old.
- He was born in Langny-sur-Marne, France
- His first club is Le Havre, then Manchester United and later Juventus.
- He plays the central midfield position.
- He has 36 caps and six goals for the national team of France.
- Pogba’s parents came to France from the west African Republic of Guinea before he was born.
- His brother Mathias has represented Republic of Guinea at international level,
- Paul was made captain of the France under-16 side before even making his debut and led them to a number of impressive victories, notably over Uruguay and Italy.
- He left his club Le Havre for Manchester United at age 16.
- Unsatisfied with the lack of opportunity in the first team, Pogba refused a new contract at Old Trafford and signed a deal with Juventus in a move then-manager Sir Alex Ferguson called ‘disrespectful’.
- In Italy, he has four league titles and played in a Champions League final.