As more confusion beclouds the public plea for $100, 000 made by the family of 28-year-old ovarian cancer patient, Mayowa Shukurat Ahmed, new authentic information are filtering out to clear the filthy dust raised by some media platforms about the fundraising campaign being a scam.
Three days after the #SaveMayowa fundraising campaign was launched, donations through her gofundme account and her Access Bank personal account went over the $100, 000 mark .
Here are other confirmations that has been made following further investigations:
- Toyin Aimahku’s claim that she showed the medical report to a doctor at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) was false as Mayowa’s medical report was not from LUTH
- Though the actress claimed in her audio interview with Ynaija that Mayowa was not actually admitted at LUTH and that it was just an arrangement by the family to deceive the public, the management of LUTH has released a statement that she was admitted as the family had been advised to stabilize her condition for travelling.
Further investigation clarified that Mayowa was not at LUTH for treatment of cancer, but to stabilize her condition before travelling abroad for the surgery.
- The impression that Toyin made that a particular Doctor said Mayowa’s health case was extreme and cannot be attended to was not completely true as a doctor at LUTH said that though her case is serious, if handled abroad there may be hope.
- There are indications that Aimakhu contacted Linda Ikeji who first made public the news that #SaveMayowa was a scam, a text message and a witness’ claim confirmed this.
- On Toyin Aimahku’s return to the hospital, she was not welcomed because she allegedly acted unruly to the disappointment of the authority.
- Aramide Kashamu, founder of Lifestake foundation claimed that the total money gathered was N85 million not N32 million .
- Because of Mayowa’s weak state, she was to be flown to Abu Dhabi rather than going to Emory as planned with emails and other evidence showing correspondence with Flying Doctors and NMC Abu Dhabi willing to accept Mayowa’s case
- The Ahmed family are willing to get competent trustee(s) in order to restrict their access to the donated fund.
- Mayowa Ahmed’s family are willing to answer any questions related to the issue for the sake of clarifying questions that are being raised.
-‘Seyifunmi Adebote for Encomium.ng