More details are emerging concerning the death of 44-year-old Mr Olisa Nwakoby, the head of operations of First City Monument Bank, Lekki Branch, who took his own life on Friday, July 29, 2016, around 9:45am in front of Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, within Northern Foresore Estate, Lekki (Lagos) after an alleged long-term depression over a N350 Million unpaid loan.
Here are more details that have emerged after the Nigeria Police looked took up further investigations on the matter:
- Mr Olisaemeka Nwakoby allegedly took his life over a bad debt estimated at N350m given out as loan to a bank customer, and became frustrated as he could not meet the Bank’s demand.
- Another source mentioned that Olisa Nwakoby was frustrated because of many personal challenges which neither the management nor colleagues of the deceased were aware of.
- The bank’s management through the Acting Group Head, Communications and Brand Management of the FCMB, Lola Egboh, has denied having knowledge of any loan, let alone putting the deceased under pressure to repay as reportedly.
- His Bank, FCMB said that they would have come to his aid if aware that he had personal and emotional challenges.
- Close colleagues and friends described the late Olisa as a loving gentleman who performed his job meticulously.
- Olisa has been working with the FCMB for over ten years.
- According to the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, Olisa shot himself using a silver American pistol with five rounds of unexpended ammunition
- Before his death, Olisa met with his spiritual adviser to narrate his ordeal and informed him to take care of his family in case any untoward thing happened to him.
- He is survived by his wife, Adaeze, a 10-year old daughter, siblings and his Mother.
- His corpse has been removed from the scene and deposited at the Lagos Island Hospital’s morgue for autopsy.
- No member of the late Nwakoby has obliged to make any public comment about the matter as they are seriously mystified about the happening.
– ‘Seyifunmi Adebote for encomium.ng