The seemingly wild tale of the wedding cancellation of star actress Genevieve Nnaji and international basketball agent, Ugochukwu Udezue, about three weeks ago in Milan (Italy) which flooded the Internet last weekend has thrown up many more questions.
The wedding was purportedly called off at the last minute by Udezue because Genevieve was being too secretive about the plotted union, to the point of excluding her family members from the ceremony. Only a few friends, including Oluchi Orlandi, were said to be on the guest list.
Here are the elements in the story making the rounds:
- Udezue, a Denver, Colorado (United States of America) based basketball agent proposed to Genevieve last year, and the proposal coincided with when she flaunted a huge engagement ring on her Instagram page.
- The wedding was slated for Milan around the time Funke Akindele and Abdulrasheed Bello wedded on Tuesday, August 23 (in London, the United Kingdom). But was called off at the last minute.
- Udezue hurriedly left Milan for Amsterdam after calling the wedding off, abandoning the bride and her friends in Milan in shock.
- He reportedly told his friends that Genevieve was untrustworthy since she was desperate to have a very secret wedding.
- His father refused to attend the wedding or give his blessings since she wanted a private event without family members.
- She purportedly told her fiancé that she wanted a quiet, low key ceremony. And didn’t inform her family or colleagues about her nuptials.
- It was unclear whether the duo still remains a couple.
This tall tale has thrown up many questions, and some of them are:
- For one, why the choice of Milan when the groom is based in the United States and the bride in Nigeria?
- Since the wedding was plotted over many months, with the intention to keep it private discussed, why chicken out at the last minute?
- Why did the groom take off to Amsterdam from Milan? And when?
- Since she wanted a low key ceremony without their families, at what point did he now consider his father’s presence in Milan vital? And his blessings mandatory?
- Why would you continue a relationship after being dumped at the altar?
These questions and more can only be answered by the couple who has joined the very small percentage of those who called off their nuptials at the last minute when guests were preparing to adorn their breathtaking attires for a colourful ceremony!