A section of the Iga Idunganran palace of Oba of Lagos, His Royal Majesty Rilwan Akiolu, was damaged by fire on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, and speculations about its extent and cause dominated the internet.
More facts are now emerging about the Lagos Island incident.
And here are a few details compiled by encomium.ng:
1. The fire started around 1:30 pm, and was successfully doused by 3:30 pm by combined efforts of the fire services from Lagos state, federal, Julius Berger, United Bank for Africa and Lagos State Emergency Management Agency.
The first of the fire fighters arrived around 1:50 pm.
2. Olowo Eko omo Erin j’ogun ola was in the palace at the time.
The fire reportedly started from an air conditioner in a bedroom in a second floor apartment.
It spread to the sitting room.
3. Clothes, furniture and documents were destroyed.
4. The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni was at the scene along with senior officers.
5. There is no official statement yet about the incident. But investigations will be launched to ascertain it’s cause .