Following the demise of the Oba of the Benin kingdom, Oba Erediauwa, his eldest son Prince Eheneden has been appointed to ascend his late father’s throne. The Edo State government on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 approved the Monarch in waiting’s appointment to the delight of the Binis.
The government, however, withdrew the appointment today after realizing its error in announcing the appointment while the rites of passage for the late Oba was still ongoing. He would now be re-appointed at the right time according to the Edo state government.
Encomium.ng examines 7 interesting facts about the soon to be appointed Oba of Benin kingdom…
- Prince Eheneden, is the eldest son of the late Oba of Benin. He was born in 1953 to the family of late Oba Akpolokpolo Erediauwa.
- He graduated from the University of Wales where he bagged a degree in Economics and Sociology. He is also a member of Nigerian Institute of International Affairs.
- The crown prince was a former Nigerian Ambassador to Norway and Angola but was recalled to Benin Kingdom to assume his role as the first son and heir apparent to the throne of Benin Kingdom.
- Prince Eheneden is married to three wives: Princess Iroghama ( Obazuaye N’erie), Princess Iyayiota ( Obazuwa N’erie) and Princess Ikpakpa (ohe N’erie).
- He is a foremost leader in the Nigerian business sphere and has interest in the oil and gas industries.
- He will be the 39th Oba of Benin when he assumes the throne.
- He was recently blessed with a son named Prince Igbinosa Erediauwa
Ngozi Uwalaka for encomium.ng