Nollywood couple Osas Ighodaro and Gbenro Ajibade welcomed their first child, a baby girl, in the United States of America, on Tuesday, June 21, 2016.
Pictures of the adorable baby in her father’s hands have since become an Internet sensation as fans, colleagues congratulate the glamorous parents.
Here are four fun facts about the latest celebrity parents…
1. They are both top models: In addition to acting, Gbenro is an accomplished model in Nigeria while Osas is a TV personality and former Miss Black USA 2010.
2. Tinsel Romance Factory: The couple fell in love on set of popular TV series, Tinsel. Gbenro played ‘Soji’ while Osas played ‘Adanna’. They are the third couple Tinsel has produced in two years.
3. Star studded US Wedding: After dating for more than three years, the handsome entertainer and Osas got married in July 2015 with celebrities like Ubi Franklin, Kenneth Okolie, Dr. Sid and Praiz on groomsmen duty. Guests at the wedding included Annie Idibia, Saka Obeisance, Paul O, Taje Prest and Toyosi Phillips.
4. African ‘protected’ Pregnancy: In an interview with Genevieve Magazine where the couple covered the May edition, Osas revealed some superstitious precautions she had to take with her pregnancy as she would not take any chances with ‘bad belle’ people. “She (her mother) even shared with me some Benin superstitions like putting a pin on my clothes to ward off evil and never telling anyone how far gone I am in my pregnancy and I am following her instructions to the letter. We know the culture we are in. Let’s be real, there are bad belle people out there,” Osas said.
- Daniel Fayemi for encomium.ng