“WE HAVE RIGHT TO HIRE AND FIRE”
Authorities of Redeemer’s University (RUN) say the alleged sack of over 100 of their Academic and Non Academic staff is no longer an issue.
Neither should it suggest that crisis is rocking the university owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).
We were also told RUN has the right to hire and fire staff at their discretion, even as all their entitlements, which they claim is above the National University Commission’s (NUC) standard, would be paid.
“I am very sorry for my inability to get in touch with you for sometimes now. The only issue now is the movement to the permanent site. Hope to invite you very shortly to witness the grand ceremony.
“We are very busy preparing for our relocation to Ede (Osun). No crisis whatsoever here as mentioned by you. VC has been very busy and it will be too bad for him to spare his precious time discussing issue that had long been resolved. Please let us discuss something else, Sir! May God bless you.”
The above response by RUN’s Directorate of Corporate Affairs, Mr ‘Tunji Adeleye came on the heels of protests by staffers affected by the purge. Some of them had taken their grievances to RCCG’s General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye (Daddy GO), who reportedly took sides with RUN.
Encomium.ng had, on Wednesday, September 24, 2014, sent the following questions to RUN’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Debo Adeyewa, only one of which he replied through the university’s image maker, Mr ‘Tunji Adeleye.
“Sir, ENCOMIUM Weekly would want the Vice Chancellor, Prof ‘Debo Adeyewa to respond to the following questions in respect of the above issue:
– Why did RUN disengage some of its academic and non academic staff?
– How many staff were affected in the purge?
– Sources say at least 25 lecturers were sacked and over 100 non academic staff disengaged?
– There were also series of protests, asking for the removal of the Vice Chancellor, Prof Debo Adeyewa. How true is that?
– What was the outcome of the intervention of Redeemed’s GO, Pastor Enoch Adeboye?
– How are the affected staff being settled, since many of them are still decrying the loss of their means of livelihood?
– What is the way out of this crisis?
– When is RUN officially moving to the Ede, Osun state permanent site.
– UCHE OLEHI