Cover Stories, News, People, What's Trending

Seun Egbeegbe may be detained till April 12

The iPhone handsets theft case of music and movie promoter, Seun Egbeegbe, scheduled for the magistrate court in Ikeja (Lagos) today (Wednesday, February 8) didn’t hold. And the suspect, in detention at Lagos Police Command in Ikeja, following another alleged scam, was not brought to court.

Information pieced together at the Rosaline Omotoso Court presided by Magistrate Y.O. Aje Afunwa  (Mrs) revealed that the theft case was adjourned till Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
Egbeegbe had been caught at Computer Village in Ikeja with nine iPhone handsets valued at over N2.4 million on Tuesday, November 22, 2016. His excuse that he wanted to get money from his car or bank didn’t add up. He was battered and bloodied, and later arrested.
He was charged with stealing on Thursday, November 24, 2016, and granted bail. The case was adjourned to Wednesday, February 8.
But last week, on Thursday, February 2, he was again arrested for attempting to swindle two bureau de change operators of $9,000 and £3,000. He was said to have pretended to be a doctor, while his accomplice was the patient at Gbagada General Hospital.
Both were taken to Ogudu Area Command, and later Lagos Police Command where they were detained.
Egbeegbe (Alhaji Olanrewaju Oluwaseun Kazeem) is still under investigation for the alleged fraud case.
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos told encomium.ng at 10:24 today, “The Command has sought the consent of the court about the case adjourned as we conclude investigation on the new charge.”
And sources believe that the socialite may be detained for a long time.

Related Stories:

Comments

comments

About the Author