Sir Victor Olaiya, King of highlife and patriarch of the family, has been informed that his daughter, Nollywood actress, Moji Olaiya, is dead.
The news was broken to the 88 year old legend by his son, Bayode, yesterday (Friday, May 19) morning.
Speaking with encomium.ng this evening (Saturday, May 20), Bayode Olaiya said he drove to his father’s house yesterday to break the news of Moji Olaiya’s passing on to the veteran musician adulated by millions across the world.
With his younger sister (Yejide), Bayode told Papa the bad news at 11 am…
Eventually, after the emotions and silence, he enjoined them to keep him updated.
Here are more updates about the death of the 42 year old mother of two daughters who died of cardiac arrest following childbirth complications on Thursday, May 18, in Canada as compiled by encomium.ng:
1.It is confirmed that Moji Olaiya’s first daughter, Adunola, is in Babcock University, Illisan, near Ijebu Ode (Ogun state), where she’s a third year Law student.
2. Femi Olaiya, Moji’s sibling who lives in London, the United Kingdom, will arrive Canada in the next few minutes (Saturday, May 20) to oversee preparations.
3. There are many processes involved in burial arrangements in Canada, and one important one is an autopsy.
Moji Olaiya’s body will undergo an autopsy to determine the real cause of death.
4. It is after the autopsy that the next step will be determined.
5. The family is more concerned about the two months old baby girl. And her wellbeing is paramount.
6. Meetings are being held in Canada and Nigeria to determine the best for the adored actress described as quiet, respectful and humble.