Stars twitt their responses!
THE pictures hit circulation on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 and since then most of his friends have either been twitting or Facebooking their disgust at the pictures and support for him.
Sharon Ojong (from Koko Mansion): People think this just made Wande Coal global? Before this he was the second “Most Googled Nigerian artist,” Fela is the first.
– Chioma Akpotha: haters only make u famous!!! Thanks for giving Wande more fame and ideas for a new block bursting album. Can’t wait. God bless u hater!!!
– Tonto Dikeh: now i’m just asking. If that was truly wande coal, what is his offence? Sleeping naked?
I think u guys should be looking for who posted it.
-Banky W: Shout out to my guy Wande Coal and to anyone who’s out here broadcasting false/negative gist/hate about him or anyone else…stop wasting ur time cuz u’ll never succeed. To whoever started/promoted that nonsense. Wande Coal still rocks. And ur life still sucks. Sorry. Grow the f*ckup. It’s for ur own good. Shout outs to Wande Coal joh.!
– Katherine Edoho: The kind of company you keep goes a long way in defining the type of person you are. Wande Coal must have had that coming for a while.
– Ali Baba: WANDE COAL today. Who tomorrow? All of this nude pic matter throws up many issues.
Not everyone is up with you for the thrill, some want to wreck you. 2NDLY, isnt it amazing that some people actually enjoyed viewing it? 3, notice he didn’t consent for the pic to be taken? 4, since he didn’t approve, it could be anyone next. 5, was he drugged? Lastly, what animal think posting the pic was ok?
– Uche Jombo: I pray 4 my PEOPLE, I pray 4 NIGERIA, I pray 4 my life, I pray 4 lots of things in this world plus THE right to privacy 2 sleep AND not hv a nude pix of you taken!
– Adaeze Yobo: That’s so pathetic!
– Don Jazzy: Hissss.. That’s so not Wande Coal. But who ever started this one tried sha. I dey hail.
Just spoke to Wande & he said, “Baba I don see am o. E pain me small but at least sebi now sum gals go free me make I see better gal marry.”
The Mo’Hits team released a press statement stating the naked pics were photoshoped. Here’s what they said, “Somebody Is After Wande Coal-Mohits. It has come to our notice that a purported nude picture of Wande Coal is being circulated on social networking site, Twiiter and that made him a trending topic yesterday and early hours of today. Wande is very grateful to those who have shown him love and as well to those who were constructive in their criticisms. He is saying a massive THANK YOU. We also want to state categorically that there is nothing wrong or to be ashamed about being naked BUT THE PICTURES IN QUESTION ARE NOT THOSE OF WANDE COAL, the multiple Hip Hop World Award winner. That is not him and that can never be him.”
Now here is my take, I wonder why this people bothered with a press release, they called the pictures photoshop, I call it photoshoot. Those pictures are so real and what they should have done was keep quiet and let this pass, that press statement looks really bad. Whoever posted those pictures, is a wicked person. I am sure Wande has now found out what the forefathers meant when they agreed that, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!”
- THIS STORY WAS FIRST PUBLISHED IN ENCOMIUM WEEKLY ON TUESDAY, JULY 27, 2010