- Punishment for attempted murder is life imprisonment
- Any person who:
(1) attempts unlawfully to kill another; or
(2) with intent unlawfully to kill another does any act, or omits to do any act which it is his duty
to do, such act or omission being of such a nature as to be likely to endanger human life; is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for life.
- Punishment for Disorderly persons is N15,000 to N40,000
166 . (1) The following persons
(a) every prostitute
(i) Behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;
(ii) Loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of prostitution;
(b) Every person who places himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or causing or procuring or encouraging any child or children to do so;
(c) Every person playing at any game of chance for money or money’s worth in any public place;
(d) Every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace,
(e) Every person endeavouring by the exposure of wounds or deformation to obtain or gather alms;
(f) Every person going about as a gatherer or collector of alms, or endeavouring to procure charitable contributions of any nature or kind, under any false or fraudulent pretence;
(g) Every person who exercises control, direction or influence over the movements of a prostitute in such a manner as to show that he is aiding, or controlling, prostitution with any person;
(h) Every person found wandering in or on or near any premises or in any road or highway or any place adjacent to it or in any public place at such time and under such circumstances as to lead to the conclusion that such person is there for an illegal or disorderly purpose, shall be deemed to be a disorderly person.
(2) A person found to be a disorderly person is guilty of a misdemeanour, and liable to a fine of Fifteen Thousand Naira for the first offence and for every subsequent offence to a fine of Forty five Thousand Naira or imprisonment for three months or both.
(3) An offender under this Section may be arrested without warrant.
- Punishment for Assaults occasioning harm is three years
- Any person who unlawfully assaults another and, thereby does him harm is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years.