Much awaited Nigerian docudrama, “93 days” will hit the screens soon. Directed and co-produced by Steve Gukas, the trailer got people talking and expecting a fantastic historical movie.
According to the producer, 93 days “celebrates the act of doing what is right, selfless service and making a difference in the world.”
93 Days is based on the true story of men and women who risked their lives and made sacrifices to save us all from the consequences of an outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in Nigeria.
The title 93 days is gotten from when Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian American who collapsed upon arrival at the Muritala Mohammed International airport, Lagos Nigeria and over a 93-day period where Nigeria battled the deadly Ebola Virus leading to the death of many other innocent lives and the birth of national hero, one of whom is Dr Ameyo Adadevoh
Featured in the movie are some of top Hollywood stars and Nollywood stars with huge support from Fafrenheit Hospitality Limited, Eko Hotels and Suites, UBA, KOGA Entertainment, Mansard Insurance, 106.3 FM, TY Danjuma Foundation, Terra Kulture, Nigeria Breweries, Michelangelo Productions, Natives Films, Lagos state Ministry of Health, First Consultant Hospital, among others.
The movie was shot in several parts of Nigeria.
Here are more details about the producers and the cast in 93 days :
- Steve is a Producer/Director with experience spanning Television, Theatre, Advertising and Film
- He obtained a Diploma in TV Production from the NTA Television College in Jos
- He read Theatre Arts at the University of Jos from where he graduated with a BA
- He is also an alumnus of the Prestigious London Film School
- His latest film ‘A Place In The Stars’ won Best Movie Drama at the AMVCA’s 2015.
- He is the producer of Africa’s biggest film to date. “Namibia – The Struggle For Liberation” Starring Danny Glover and Carl Lumbly premiered at the 2006 Pan Africa Film Festival in LA and has gone on to win many awards.
- As a director, Steve’s strong suit lies in coaxing great performances out of actors as well as a strong sense of story and character. These gifts he combines with a collaborative approach to film making that allows each picture he makes benefit from the creative vent of all the key creative crew members on the project.
- Bolanle Austen-Peters is a Producer, Director and Costume designer
- She has a Master’s degree in International Law from the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Also has a Law degree from the University of Lagos.
- She is the founder of Terra Kulture which she established in 2003 : an educational and recreational organization set up in 2003 to promote the richness and diversity of Nigerian Languages, Arts and Culture.
- In 2013 she founded BAP Productions which has produced numerous plays and won awards for the record breaking SARO, the Musical 2.
- Prior to that, she had worked as a Lawyer with United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, Ethiopia and Namibia.
- She returned to Nigeria in 2001 as Consultant to UNDP, Lagos.
- Pemon Rami, is an award winning legendary theatre director, film producer, arts administrator and cultural Icon.
- Since the late 1960’s, Pemon has been involved in the development of television productions, films, music concerts, documentaries, plays and multimedia.
- Pemon was commissioned by the Government of Trinidad & Tobago to assist in the development of the operational and implementation plan for Trinidad & Tobago’s film and Television infrastructure.
- Mr. Rami has produced and directed numerous films and documentary projects in the United States, Haiti, Trinidad and Brazil.
- Otunba Oludotun Olakunri is a businessman in the fields of Telecommunications, Property Development and Entertainment
- Studied French at the University of London, Royal Holloway and Bedford College
- He worked at Bata S.A. in Vernon, France. From there he moved back to Nigeria to form Speakeezee Cellular and Paging Ltd
- He moved into property development and entertainment, and is a director of DPL Properties, Michelangelo Property Development Company, Speakeezee Connect Ltd, and many other companies including Michelangelo Productions
- He is an Executive producer of award winning movie, A Place in the Stars and is responsible for the popular Butterscotch Evenings events. Besides 93 Days, Michelangelo productions also has several events, film and TV shows in the pipeline which will soon come to the screen.
- Born on 5th of May, 1970 to a father from Oyo State and a mother from Edo State.
- She had her primary education at Maryland Convent Private School, Maryland, Lagos State.
- She proceeded to Command Day Secondary School, Lagos.
- She earned a degree in Theater Arts from University of Ibadan
- Her debut acting was when she featured in the film OWO BLOW in 1995 alongside Femi Adebayo
- She was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading role at the 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards.
- Born July 22, 1946
- Glover is well known for his leading role as Roger Murtaugh in the Lethal Weapon film series, The Color Purple (1985), To Sleep with Anger(1990) and Angels in the Outfield (1994).
- He also has prominent supporting roles in Silverado (1985), Witness (1985), Predator 2 (1990), Saw(2004), Shooter (2007), 2012 (2009), Death at a Funeral (2010), Beyond the Lights (2014) and Dirty Grandpa (2016).
- He has appeared in many other movies, television shows and theatrical productions, and is an active supporter of various humanitarian and political causes.
- Bimbo hails from Lagos State
- He graduated from the University of Port Harcourt with a degree in Theater Arts
- Been an actor since 1986
- He was nominated for Best actor in a supporting role at the 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards.
- Born 23 July, 1960, Charles Ezechukwu Okafor is the fourth in a family of six
- He hails from Umuleri in Anambra State
- He is a graduate of Theatre Arts from the University of Port Harcourt
- He obtained a Master’s degree in Political Science and International Relations from the University of Lagos
- Domitilla and Igodo made him a popular figure in Nollywood
- His most recent movie on iROKOtv is Misplaced