23-year-old British Airways’ stewartess, Joanne Wickenden, has been relieved of her duty, following the footage that went viral on Snapchat video of her ranting about Nigerians and her unwholesome attitude she intended to display to Nigerian passengers who board the Airways to fly from London Heathrow to Abuja on the night of Friday, September 22, 2017.
Encomium.ng brings to you reasons she was fired…..
* Ms Wickenden was sacked for her racist comments against Nigerians.
* She was dressed in a British Airways uniform coupled with a yellow life jacket during the video.
* She never admitted she was wrong, despite the fact she was found guilty of the charge. Instead, she said it was a British Airways colleague who recorded her and shared the video.
* Her intentions to deprive Nigerian passengers of the benefits they are entitled to enjoy during the six hour flight.
* She couldn’t represent British Airways with utmost professionalism as expected by her employers.
* She used slanderous statements to mock Nigerians but termed it as a joke.
* Her unfavourable attitude and willingness to quit being an air hostess. She was quoted as saying, “I don’t want to fly anymore”.
* She had the mindset of tarnishing the image of British Airways because she is desperate for a male counterpart.
- Chika Okorie for encomium.ng