Over the years, outcries of fans of Arsenal FC have failed in attempts to yank the 66-year-old coach out of the Emirates Stadium.
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal boss, who is Europe’s longest-serving manager on his part, seems unruffled despite the public criticism. In his words, “Look, I have worked here for 19 years and I’m always sitting here having to justify that I’m good enough to do the job,
“I have no problem to cope with everything but I find that a bit boring in the end. I always have to convince you that I am good enough. I worked for 35 years at the top level.”
Manchester United former coach, Sir Alex Ferguson is of the opinion that Arsenal’s board won’t sack Arsene Wenger because there is nobody better : “When all the pressure — I’m thinking about the pressure I said to a few of my friends — who are they going to get to replace Arsene Wenger, you know, who are they going to get who is better than Arsene Wenger?
“And that’s why they don’t do [sack him], that’s why they’ve stuck by him.”
Here are some strong reasons why Arsenal fans want him out
- He never learns from his previous club mistakes – using wrong players, tactical errors and choice of player.
- He blames someone else for his fault and is too stubborn when wrong
- Poor team formation without an alternative plan in a game
- His gamble over purchase of unknown players with great potentials have failed
- All the top managers have a range of different tactics but Arsenal rarely have a plan B during their matches
- Not only club supporters; even his players don’t totally believe in his capabilities
- His fussy and stingy methods of signings new players is annoying, he rarely would go for the big players.
On the otther side, members on the board of Arsenal FC do not think the Frenchman is being overpaid at £8.3 million yearly.
Here are some of their reasons:
- The board understands better what they want and what it takes to successfully run a big football club like Arsenal than the public may expect.
- Wenger does have his failings, but he is consistent and loyal, and these are values that are very attractive to the employer in the last 20 years, maybe, not so for the football audience.
- The board appreciates continuity and stability while failing at the turbulent times
- Wenger creates a surrounding that inspires and works well for the players.
- Wenger has exceptional skills and knowledge to get a lot out of limited players. In the last 19 years, Wenger has won 3 premier league titles and 5 FA cup titles while consistently finishing in top 4 places thus securing Champions League.
5.When it comes to displaying an attractive brand of football with intricate passing, link up plays and style; Wenger is the man.
6 Wenger is commended as a good business man and an economist for running a self sustaining club without depending on owners’ wealth.
SeyifunmiAdebote for encomium.ng