It’s the beginning of a new week and despite the myriad of challenges Nigeria is facing, the one matter that has refused to go off steam is the good old Linda Ikeji vs Wizkid row.
Since the actors have decided to allow the matter fester for whatever reasons, encomium.ng has compiled for your maximum enjoyment, 7 updates on the unending saga.
1. Current beef started when Linda published a story on her blog, “LIB Exclusive: Wizkid given quit notice at his Lekki Phase 1 home,” on Saturday, April 2, 2016.
2. Wizkid wasted no time in coming for her the next day, being Sunday, April 3, 2016. He called her unprintable names and alleged that his director slept with Linda and left her in a hotel.
3. Linda replies almost instantly, saying she wasn’t bothered by the nasty things Wizkid said about her as he was a child. She,however, strongly denied the sleeping with Wizkid’s director part.
4. Not going to be beaten so easily, Wizkid fired another shot shortly after Linda’s counter attack, suggesting that Linda was almost 40 and sad, referring to her unmarried status at her age.
The matter cooled down as fans thought the drama had come to an end.
5. On Friday, April 15, 2016, 12 days after both parties exchanged the insults on social media, Linda decided to resurrect the beef as she went to report to the police that her life was under threat.
6. Wizkid decided to ignore the story this time around so Linda decided to do another blog post explaining ‘why’ she went to police.
7. Nigerians, who were previously divided on the matter,however, didn’t buy it this time as they roundly slammed Linda for her attempt to whip up feminist sentiments.