The yearly holy month of Ramadan brings to the fore many terms generously uttered by Muslims.
And here are 15 commonly used words in Islam:
- Solat – Obligatory prayer.
- Duha – Supplications.
- Hajj -Islamic annual pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Ta’jud – Vigil.
- Ibadah – Worship.
- Zakat – Obligatory charity.
- Sodaqah (mini zakat) – Alms giving.
- Fisabilillahi – Voluntary donation.
- Sawm – Fasting.
- Iman (first pillar of Islam) – Faith.
- Al-Quran – Islamic holy book.
- Itikaf – A form of camping in Ramadan.
- Zakat-l-fitri- Obligatory charity at the end of Ramadan.
- Iftar- Food eaten to break fast at sunset.
- Sahur – Food eaten at dawn to start fast.