World’s most eligible bachelor Prince Harry, the fifth in line to the British throne, is set to marry his American actress wife Meghan Markle in spring of 2018 following his royal family’s approval.
The announcement of the royal wedding was made by his father Prince Charles this morning (Monday, November 27), one week after Harry’s grandparents (Queen Elizabeth 11 and Prince Philip) celebrated 70 years of marriage.
33 year old Harry and Meghan, 36, went public with their romance a year ago, more than four months after they dated secretly.
Here are some highlights from their romance and spring 2018 nuptials as compiled by encomium.ng:
1. The couple got engaged earlier this month in London after the approval of the Queen following royal protocol
2. Prince Charles announced that the nuptials will be in spring (between March and May) 2018. Possibly after the arrival of Prince William’s third child.
3. But the wedding venue was not disclosed but Westminster Abbey, St. Paul’s Cathedral or Windsor Castle are speculated.
4. Home will be Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace as neighbours of brother Prince William, wife Katherine and their children George and Charlotte.
5. The approval of Meghan’s divorced parents (Thomas Markle and Doria Ragland) was sought by Harry.
6. Meghan who quit her acting role in Suits could become a princess or the Duchess of Sussex.
7. She’s moving her belongings to London, including her two dogs (Guy and Bogart).
8. The couple will spend Christmas together in England.
9. Meghan lived in Toronto (Canada), and was once married to Trevor Engelson for two years in 2011.
10. Meghan has mixed blood as her mother is African-American and father Dutch of Irish descent.