The Coroner set up by Osun state government to determine the circumstances and cause of death of Senator Isiaka Adeleke released its verdict today (Tuesday, May 30, 2017)…and declared that the 62 year old former governor of the state died from drug overdose which led to asphyxiation.
The Coroner’s chairman, magistrate Olusegun Ayilara, stated: “The high dose of sedatives and analgesics with the mode of administration caused asphyxiation which culminated in death.”
Here are 5 highlights from the Coroner’s verdict:
1. Senator Isiaka Adeleke died between 9:30 – 10:15 am on Sunday, April 23, 2017.
2. He was being ferried from his Ede home to Becket Hospital when he died.
3. Cause of death was not poison.
4. He died of asphyxiation caused by drug overdose.
5. The nurse who administered the drug (Alfred Aderibigbe) should be prosecuted.